Friday, November 30, 2012

Kelsey's Protein Bars

I posted this recipe on another website and I got a lot of hits on Pinterest so I thought I should probably post it on my own site. I LOVE protein bars and I made this recipe up one night when I ran out of them. These are so easy and really delicious after a workout. Also they are so much cheaper than any of the ones you find at the store.



1/2 Cup Oats
1 Scoop Shakeology (or 48 Grams Chocolate Protein Powder)
42 Grams Vanilla Protein Powder
1 Tablespoon Honey
1 Tablesppon Creamy Peanut Butter
 1/4 Cup Soy Milk (Normal Milk, Almond Milk, Coconut Milk)

Combine the dry ingredients then mix in the peanut butter and honey. Slowly add milk until it reaches your desired consistency. Place in wax paper and roll out until you create a rectangle that is about 1/4" thick. Place in the freezer for about 5 hours then cut into bars. Enjoy!

By the way I really don't like chocolate so I mixed in vanilla protein powder. If you would like to use all chocolate protein powder they would taste even chocolateier.

Nutrition Facts (5 Servings): Calories 130, Total Fat 4g, Carbs 20, Protein 10g  

No comments:

Post a Comment